Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Java and Accounting Dowload

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
I was reviewing a personal accounting dowloadable program yesterday(http://www.lazy8.nu/) and noticed that they are referrng to the downloading of a "JRedit" to go along with this. Are you at all familiar with this application. I do have Java application on computer bearing a property of "jre1.6.0_01"

Please advise what this may be all about

Regards

waynf

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I saw JEdit on the programme page, and this for JREdit

JrEdit is a childrens rich text editor featuring: large toolbar buttons, list box showing childs name, editable topic list box to encourage writing, topic lists change monthly, date edit box, title edit box, a configurable button for setting page with name, date, etc., a Web button used for opening browser to writing pages on the web, Web button is configurable editing web addresses, Web button can be disabled, graphics can be pasted into the document.

Oddly, page cannot be displayed is the result when clicking links for JrEdit. Pest patrol did have a listing for it

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
So basically the question is this . Can I download this progam. Do I leave the JRedit download alone and just download the accounting programme?

waynf

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
My take is the accounting programme is a plug in for Jedit, though you may want to check with them

http://community.jedit.org/?q=forum

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
This is all I could find on JrEdit right Here

But according to Indiana State University it has a high possibility of containing spyware.

It looks very hazy to me, I would be concerend also about the other software you are downloading that would use this. Might want to try something else, but thats my $.02

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I don't see jRedit as part of this, only JEdit

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
i went to the download site and only say jEdit myself. Which is a cross platform editor.

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
Thanks for all the info and by the way jaxisland, if this can contain spyware, then your comments are certainly worth much more than 2 cents;

waynf

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
After consideration I am wonder how does one know if spyware is involved in a particular program downlload.?