Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD STOP 0x50

• Please log in to reply

JTingly

JTingly

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I hope you guys can help me,
today, after an ad-aware scan. it detected cookies and neligible objects. i removed everything, both cookies and neligible objects (i normally do that).

however after the scan finished, items started to exit and i received an error. the error that appeared had something to do with win32k.sys and within minutes, i received a blue screen of death. i tried rebooting and i got to my desktop. but within a minute or two, i would receive the same blue screen.

the blue screen was the STOP 0x50/ PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. i have googled around and i've seen many with my problem but they were all a little bit different. through the research, the problem has to do with hardware/driver malfunctions. but the last time i have inserted new hardware into my computer was ram and that was about three years ago.

the only thing i suspect that caused this problem is probably the adaware scan when i removed the neligible objects? but im still unsure. please help!

i run a Windows XP Home SP2
Dell Dimension 2400
Intel p4
kingston 1 gb ram

edit: i have tried the option of pressing f8 and enabled the Last Known Configuration option. i still recieved the bsod, but it was a different stop message. its
STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x804D9DA8, 0xEEF673F8, 0x00000000)

Edited by JTingly, 10 July 2007 - 02:22 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Stop errors are often hardware related. Because you bought the hardware three years previously doesn't mean anything, it can still go bad even today. Best thing to do is grab a copy of MemTest86 and leave it running all night, see if it flags anything up.

JTingly

JTingly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
how do i make memtest run. i dl'ed the zip file, extracted it, and burned it as an image. i put it in my computer, restarted. but it doesnt boot up

i have also reffered to
http://www.microsoft...3.mspx?mfr=true

but when i ran the command i only typed Chkdsk since the /f /r, was not applicable. but after that. i cant even logon to my profile. it says that its corrupted and wont even give me access. i cant even login in safemode as well, because i recieved the blue screen.

am i screwed?

Edited by JTingly, 10 July 2007 - 03:09 PM.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Have you consulted your user manual on how to boot to a CD?

What is the make and model of your computer or is it custom built?

Edited by tuxmaster, 10 July 2007 - 04:24 PM.

JTingly

JTingly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
i'll do that
dell dimension 2400

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
To boot to cd you tap F12. Then Select the CDrom.

Go ahead and run Mtest86 overnight.

JTingly

JTingly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
yeah, it was a ram problem i didnt bother to run the program. but now my new problem is that i am unable to load my profile and im only able to go in a temporary profile.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
You will need to create a new profile.

If you want to access your data they would be located in
Local Disk C:
Documents and Settings
and then the user name that you have.

To get to a user name that you can make changes
Turn off then turn on your computer and tap F8.
Choose Safe Mode.
Select Administrator.

Edited by tuxmaster, 10 July 2007 - 06:41 PM.

JTingly

JTingly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
thanks! i backed it up, and now all i have to do is order new ram. thanks geeks!

TxBlackWolf

TxBlackWolf

• Pip
  • 1 posts
If your user file/directory was corrupt, I would suggest running a hard drive scan as well. Several good ones can be found from Hirem's boot CD's. Also each manufacturer's web site. Another good thing to try at times if you have any suspicion of corruption is "sfc /scannow" from a dos box or run prompt. That's System File Checker, and will check files against originals, though sometimes valid drivers overwrite windows files.