Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Saving Animations

• Please log in to reply

Denisejm

Denisejm

• PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
When I see an animations that I like, I copy it onto my hdd, as is requested by animation sites. When I want to use it, it's not animated . . . just a picture. Is there a special way that it has to be saved?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you got a link for any of the sites you save from

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
Hi Keith,

http://www.animation-station.com/

If you click on a category, it states on the bottom of the page:

NOTE: Please do not link directly to graphics on this site, I change directories often to stop this from happening. If you want one of these images, please right-click your mouse over it and click "save as" or "save image as" and save it to your hard drive, then upload it to your site. Thanks for your cooperation.

http://www.animation...22973/Big_beak/

Download Image

Right-click on the animation and click on 'Save Image As...' to download. Or simply click on the above link and try File->Save As

I can give you more examples from several more sties that I found. I've tried "save as," "save image as," and "copy." I have a folder named animations and I store them there. I have about 100 of them that didn't work with my old computer and I thought they didn't work because my computer was old. I got a new computer and saved a few so far but they still don't work.

What I do with them is copy them from the file that I saved and paste them in my signature for my email and sometimes I paste them in the body of an email, and that's about all I do with them since I don't have a website and there's really nothing else I want to do with them. No matter what method I use for saving them, when I put them in my signature or in the body of an email, it's just a still picture or there's a box with a red x at the top of it.

Denise

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Do you see GIF for save as type?

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
I tried right clicking on the animation and highlighting it and right clicking on it, and the only option available is "Save Picture As." When I highlighted the animation and clicked on File -> Save As, it saves the entire page.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Right click the animation you want, click save picture as, the save box should be set for GIF

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
How did you get the animation in your reply? When I tried copy and paste, paste wasn't an option.

When I tried to drag and drop it,

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\Big_beak.gif opened, and the animation was the only thing on the page, not this reply box.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Use the add reply, not fast reply, then on the right you will have browse, locate the file, click upload, then click manage current attachments to add it in to the post

I see the file is GIF, is it animated when you open it?

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
Yes, it's animated. I see now how I can get it to copy here by uploading it. My Yahoo email account doesn't have an upload option. I can only copy and paste it into my signature, and it becomes a still picture.

Attached Thumbnails

• Big_beak.gif

Edited by Denisejm, 10 July 2007 - 06:24 PM.

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
Is't it cute, lol.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Sorry for the delay, seems you can add animation to everything but Yahoo :whistling:

http://www.mytinynam...toutlookexp.cfm

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Workaround:

Send an email with an animated gif to your Yahoo account, right click the animation, click copy, go to mail options, signature, click colour and graphics, click paste, click save

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
So that would make my Yahoo email the on-line host for the animations . . . good thinking! Thanks!

P.S. You do deserve a hand for that :whistling:

P.P.S. Do you think it would also work if I sent an attachment with about 10 animations in it and I can store them in a folder in my Yahoo email?

Edited by Denisejm, 10 July 2007 - 07:53 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Maybe you could send one with ten, or send ten and keep them in a folder?

I used Outlook, insert picture, picture from file (into the body of the email)

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
That's the one thing that I don't like about Yahoo . . . can't insert a picture in the body of an email unless it's stored on the internet, and it won't accept a stored picture in an email or one that's in Yahoo Pictures.

I have a Comcast account but the mailbox limit is really small, but pictures and animations can be inserted into the body of the email. So I can't have my cake and eat it too.

Thanks a lot for your help and ideas Keith. :whistling:

Denise