Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem using flash drop down menu in Firefox.

• Please log in to reply

Diego8

Diego8

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
I made a drop down menu in flash for my website. As some part of the menu goes "on top" of the html i had to insert the flash movie in a div tag and set the wmode property of the flash object to "transparent" and the div's z-index to make it the highest layer.
So far everything is ok.
The problem cames with some pages of my site that have another div tag (with overflow set to "auto") in the html part. The issue is that part of this div gets "intersected" with the flash div and although the html div has a smaller z-index value than the flash one, part of the drop down menu is not accessible.
I mean, it's like the html div had a greater z-index value but that's not the case.
This issue only happens in Firefox.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Diego8, 11 July 2007 - 01:54 PM.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I'm sure someone is going to ask you for a URL to the page you're having problems with or to attach your page in a zip package including images so it will look like what you see when in a local browser/html editor.

Ron

Diego8

Diego8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Ok. The address is http://www.aeromont.com.uy/flashmenu/ .
The drop down menu is under the "Servicios" option. You'll see that the last item of the menu is not accessible.
My apologies for sending the spanish version of the site, the english version does not have the flash menu yet.

Edited by Diego8, 11 July 2007 - 01:54 PM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
No hay de que. LOL I'm not sure how to correct this as I get a Server not found error right now. Possibly check your image map coordinates for your link is just a guess.

Ron

Diego8

Diego8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Oh. Sorry, i forgot to check that the link was correct.
This is the correct link. www.aeromont.com.uy/flashmenu
Thanks.

Diego8

Diego8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
I found kinda solution to my problem. i decided to add a <br> tag before the start of the layer with the overflow property. This is not the best solution because i had to fix some other things caused by the <br>, but it's the only one i could think of.
Thanks.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Sorry I didn't get back to you in time. Doing a 600+ page site for a sight-impaired person using Jaws. If you are satisfied with your solution then I'll consider this topic resolved. Please, again, accept my apologies for not providing more help in a timely manner.

Ron