Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN VIRUS! Please help me

• Please log in to reply

toru

toru

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Ok, so me (being the stupid person I am) accepted this link from someone.. this is what the message said:
hey, are these your pictures?
(LINK TO WEBSITE -- i think it went something like www.impichost.net)
So I clicked on the website link and it turned out i had to download something .. being stupid, i downloaded it (an .exe file!! OBVIOUSLY not a picture file) and opened it -- the file was called "[email protected]" by the way -- and i did some research on the net and found out it was virus -- a worm (according tot he websites, its w32.Kelvir(suffix -- a letter [many different strains]). The downloaded file has disappeared as well.
Now the virus is affecting my account. It won't let me open msconfg/regedit, well it does, but then 2 seconds later it closes. Task manager works fine. Also.. i noticed that msn (or windows live messenger) lags a bit. I've tried following the solutions on other websites, but they dont work. I also downloaded fxkelvir but it didnt find anything! =( I've run Spybot, it found some problems to do with changing hosts or something and AVG can't pick up anything. T_T

Another odd thing is that it only affects one account on my computer (i hope), the other account can run regedit/msconfig fine :S

I need help urgently! So if someone could please be kind enough to help me out, I would really appreciate the time and effort u take to help me

Thanks ^^" V

Edited by toru, 11 July 2007 - 01:16 AM.

Advertisements

toru

toru

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
whoops, sorry wrong section, im new! ok, someone delete this? thanks!

--EDIT--
Ok moved this request into malware section

Edited by toru, 11 July 2007 - 10:05 AM.