Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

overheating computer

• Please log in to reply

MDTech

MDTech

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i have a hp pavilion ze4100 as soon as my computer turns on the fans are blowing full power and the computer will start to heat up it will get hot enough to burn u even the battery pack get hot

Advertisements

Joker1337

Joker1337

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Was it running cool before?

What surface do you have it on?

Does it operate, does it not, or have you switched it off for fear of melting something critical?

Is it powering itself down because of overheat?

Have you tried running it on the AC-power rather than the battery or vice-versa?

MDTech

MDTech

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
No i bought it used and its always done it

i have tried everything even bought a avertic fan thing that u sit it on to allow cool air transfer

it runs fine just burns u and yes i do give it breaks so it can cool down

no it does nothing

and yes i have tried both

Joker1337

Joker1337

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
If you haven't already, you might want to check and make sure the system is clean (no hair, pet fur, dandruff, roaches.) Try looking at the vents on the side of the case. If you know something about computers, you can probably open the case to look inside. While you're at it, make sure none of the heat-sinks in there popped off their seatings.

Further questions -
Does the top of the case get hot, or just the bottom?
What powers up when the laptop powers on?
Can you try feeling around the bottom of the case during a boot-up to figure out where in the chassis the overheating component is located?
Are your drives (hard drive, optical drive) still operating correctly from a mechanical standpoint?