Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I get it sorted

• Please log in to reply

catrina

catrina

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok. I'm not technically minded..

BUT I have had to delete my bookmarks. Two days ago I started getting 'microsoft error' and 'we have to shut down this....'

And then I get this Drwatson postmortom debugger thing..

My PC has gone slow.

I've to type web site address in to access them.

I'm really annoyed.

(Sorry, but I need help in layman's terms PLEASE)

Catrina

Advertisements

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Catrina--Welcome to Geeks to Go! I am very sorry to hear about your bookmarks. What browser are you using?
It would also be a big help to know exactly what is being shut down and when(that is: what is happening at the time of the error message). Dr. Watson is not a bad thing by itself, it just means that there has been a fairly serious problem. Please post back with as many details as you can provide, and remember, we can't see what is going on like you can, so make it simple for us, too. There are lots of good people here helping good people like yourself. Take a deep breath, relax a little, and we will take it a step at a time. Whatever is going on can be fixed one way or another. Like the Red Queen said, "Start at the beginning, go through to the end, and then stop." We are all here to help.

catrina

catrina

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
:blink:
Ok, I use BT yahoo browser.

When I open the browser, instead of going to my home page, as it used to, it now hits on my home page and then goes straight to my mail page.

I go through deleting mail i don't want, then go back to my home page. (It allows me to stay there)

If I have a site I want to bookmark, then as usual I click 'bookmarks'.

I then get this following message :

Yahoo browser has encountered a problem and needs to close, We are sorry for the inconvenience..

Error signature

AppName: ybrowser. exe
AppVer. 2006.3.2.5 ModName: msvcr70dll
ModVer.7.o.9466.0 Offset: 0000645c

:whistling:

I hope someone understands this, as I sure don't

Catrina

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
I am sorry to say that I am totally unfamiliar with the Yahoo BT Browser. Does your internet connection require it? Is it not possible for you to use Firefox or Opera? I did find a site that offers BT tutorials: http://help.yahoo.co...ials/index.html Perhaps something there will help?

My thought immediately was that perhaps the browser needs updating or re-installation. While looking for BT information, there seemed to be quite alot of complaints about it.

For now, if you have a web address that you want to save, I suggest opening Wordpad and pasting the address from the address bar of your browser. Then save it to "My Documents" after naming the file "Bookmarks." Then as you save more, use the same file. This way you will at least be able to copy and paste your bookmarks until we get the problem sorted.

It really would be best if you could start using Opera or Firefox.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
My first thought also is to uninstall and then reinstall the browser. Unless there is a repair option.

Since it is only a browser, you should be free to use another browser (or as many as you wish). I suggest firefox.
The searching I found brought up customers with problems wanting to get away from BT Yahoo.

Their "help and support" brought me to pricing on 1 search. On another I did not get much.
Some sites were saying Yahoo browser is not compatible with IE7, and there are conflicts. What IE do you have installed?