Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Note: This is not a problem, just a question.

• Please log in to reply

sean1234

sean1234

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
I am currently running Mozilla Firefox 1.0.2 on a Windows Xp Home computer. I am using a dial-up internet connection and was wondering how I could make Firefox faster?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

---sean1234 :tazz:

Advertisements

keithy397

keithy397

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
There is a tweak you can perform in about:config but it's far easier to install this Tweak Network extension.

Firefox Speed Tweak - Some bedtime reading!!

sean1234

sean1234

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Alright. Thanks alot.

marinegeek59

marinegeek59

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
hey sean im also on a slo dial up here in the mtns of cali, ive tried it as well as firetune and did not notice any improvments at all, if your running slow try going into computer managment. service and applications,services.and you can disable things that you dont need also check out www.blackviper.com. it shows what is and isnt critical in the winxp os.also do you use adblock if not install it you can surf way faster as it blocks most add from loading cheers :tazz: