Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless card problems

• Please log in to reply

Snipedogg22

Snipedogg22

• Pip
  • 8 posts
My gateway solo pc 2500 laptop is running on windows 98 second edition and my problem is that when i use a linksys wireless g pc card or a belkin usb wireless key and install there software i see the wireless connections available and i can setup my profile for them but i cant access the internet is there a hardware incompadiblity becuase i dnt think there is becasue my brother is using a belikin usb key on windows 98 and it works just fine but he has a desktop so idk if there is a differnce does any one know if there is a problem???

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
For wireless in Windows 98 you need the software supplied by the people who make your USB wireless adaptor. This can be a sin or a blessing, but the basic idea with most of it is you need to find the connection, supply any security key, then save and activate that entry. Not very elegant but not a lot else you can do. Check the instructions.