Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pending fatherhood

• Please log in to reply

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

EDIT: I do understand you are (most probably) joking...

Mostly joking, most of the time. Sometimes I'd like to give her away, other times I'd just like to move to a private island.

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
ruthandtroy,

So do you know the sex of your child, or do you prefer to be surprised? When I was pregnant, I didn't want to know - I really liked the idea of finding out when it was born. Since I couldn't change it after I found out anyway, I figured it might as well be a surprise. Everybody predicted both of my children were boys because of the way I carried - they were wrong, as I have two children that are clearly female!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Everybody predicted both of my children were boys because of the way I carried - they were wrong, as I have two children that are clearly female!

they all predicted i'd be human by the way my mom was....well....human when she was pregnant with me....they were wrong....full blooded monkey

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
I love all the little wifes tales about how they know what the sex will be

All I know is I owe my wifes Dr a case of Sam Adams cause our last and final child was a girl hmmm she is nearly 13 now I suppose I should get it for him. :whistling:

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,841 posts

ruthandtroy,

So do you know the sex of your child, or do you prefer to be surprised? When I was pregnant, I didn't want to know - I really liked the idea of finding out when it was born. Since I couldn't change it after I found out anyway, I figured it might as well be a surprise. Everybody predicted both of my children were boys because of the way I carried - they were wrong, as I have two children that are clearly female!

I wanted to find out, but Ruth didn't. In the scan, the child was in a bad position and we couldn't tell. Boy or girl, I don't really mind. I would like one of each, but whatever we're blessed with, we WON'T be complaining... :whistling:

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I always thought having a healthy baby was far more important than having a particular sex. After my second daughter was born, people asked me if I was going to try for a boy. I would ask them why. It offended me that somehow people seemed to place more value on having a boy than a girl. I wanted 2 children, I had 2 children - to "keep trying until I had a boy" somehow seemed to diminish the worth of my daughters.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I know that all I cared about was a healthy child as well. But there was still something in the back of my mind that wanted it to be a boy. I come from a successful and proud family (not rich or spoiled) but hardworking and a family that gives back alot to others.

I am the last of the males to carry on our name, so for me I felt I was obligated to make sure I had a son to carry on our family name and traditions.

I never wanted to make a daughter feel dimished or not as important, I would love her the same and be just as happy. BUT I did get a son on the first try.

Its hard though, sometimes I feel like the whole world puts more weight on males, look at the tragedys that come from the asian continent.

I would love to have another child, now with my son at 15 months hes too independent. No more coddling and holding and rocking :whistling:

bobmad

bobmad

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

I would love her the same

Not so. I have 4 children and I love each one differently. THAT came as a big surprise to me, so I wanted to warn others.

Edited by bobmad, 17 July 2007 - 07:33 PM.

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
Congrats ruthandtroy,
You are soon to see the real wonders of the world, parenthood.
Someday sooner than you think, you will be kissing your baby goodbye, as he or she embarks on a new adventure. Trust me, it comes faster than you think.

I have not been as active here in the last couple of weeks because two of my babies are heading off to new things. My oldest daughter is off to college, and I spent as much time as possible with her at the orientation weekend that just passed. My middle daughter, at the same time, just left for a 3 week European adventure with People to People. I believe she is Athens, Greece right now (kids forget to call some times).

Enjoy every moment with your new baby, and if you need help with anything let me know.
(we still have baby stuff stored here)

Harry :whistling:

MattSchollmeyer

MattSchollmeyer

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Back to the fatherhood issue...the wirdest thing out of pregnancies for my mom was the food cravings, she once woke me up at 4 in the moerning and demanded herring and ice cream....im 17.... :whistling: (im kidding ppl)

Edited by MattSchollmeyer, 17 July 2007 - 09:58 PM.

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

Not so. I have 4 children and I love each one differently. THAT came as a big surprise to me, so I wanted to warn others.

that is SO true

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

that is SO true

Being an Uncle, I have the best job in the world, because I can SPOIL the kids rotten :blink: 3 nephews and 2 Nieces - I love them more then life itself, and would do anything for them. However, I always try to teach them by setting a good example, and if they dicide to be disrespectful to an adult, I always try to help them realize the mistake - I just wish I culd see them all more then I do now :help:

Enjoy fatherhood, because you will always have new challenges and seeing a baby grow up is one of the most interesting and rewarding things you will experience :whistling:

Brian

Edited by **Brian**, 18 July 2007 - 07:25 PM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Yeah very interesting, because each child is different you learn to love them for who they are...

And as for cravings, she hasn't really had anything weird like that. Just that she has started wanting desserts (sweets) after a meal, and she rarely had that before. Me? I'm LOVING it!!! So she's making yummy desserts and muffins and pancakes and all sorts of good things.

"Well, sure, if you need it darling..." :whistling:

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
You watch yourself, I gain 15 lbs when she was pregnant with that stuff.

Her cravings were a three pronged attack:
1st Trimester: Slim Jims
2nd Trimester: Olives, jarred, from a certain gas station
3rd Trimester: Sushi rolls (no raw fish) just vegtable stuff

I had one craving the whole time: Tums!

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,841 posts
ooh sounds like you had fun jaxisland, tell me (I am obviously unenlightened), what's Tums? And Slim Jims for that matter? We don't have those in Australia that I know of...