Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pending fatherhood

• Please log in to reply

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I apologize, ignorant American :whistling:

Slim Jims are a horrid little spicy meat byproduct thats packed into a skin casing like a sausage but its only about the diameter of a pen. Here is a picture of one
They are very disruptive to the stomach :help:

Tums is an ant-acid, so when people would maybe get stressed out from say a pregnant wife :blink: I would use those to calm my stomach. They are like chalk tablets.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Oh slim jims look like what we call "twiggy sticks", although I have heard other names for them here in Australia, I just can't remember them - ooh a salami stick. I hate anything spicy, but the mild ones are EXTREMELY yummy :whistling:

As for Tums, my wife is constantly sucking on Mylanta, a similar thing. The baby, squishing everything up, is causing what we call "heartburn", which is really acid from your stomach burning a bit up your throat. Hence ant-acid, or anti-acid tablets. It's extremely annoying, I get it when work gets busy and I can't have a break and eat something, it starts burning and I just gotta stop and eat.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
We say heartburn or acid reflux. Little different but along the same lines of each other. I have taken Mylaynta. Well you know what, if your wife is having heartburn, that means that the baby is growing hair on their head. Old wives tale says the baby will have a full head of hair!

Edited by jaxisland, 18 July 2007 - 09:20 PM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Pfffft. Old wives tales are full of it. My wife is having a baby and chances are, yes it will have hair. It means the baby is squishing her innards...

:whistling:

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Well, do we have a baby yet? Hope mom & baby are doing well!
Here is a page I put together a zillion years ago with some parenting stuff:
http://www.johannanko.net/Moms.htm
and some advice from John Rosemond (used on my site w/ permission)

Johanna

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
Hi ruthandtroy!What's happening!?Dit you get cold feet after reading all the advice and bailed out?Only joking!I hope your wife is doing well and everything goes well!!You gave me the advice to read all the post first before replying and so i dit.I've notest that nobody prepared you of the first sight of your baby,dont worry,it doesent need ironing!The wrinkles will go away and you'll be holding the most sweetest&beautyfull baby in you arms! Btw:dit you think of a username for your baby yet and will you change yours to ruth"babys name"troy?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,841 posts
No baby yet :whistling:
Due date is the 21st, only a few days away now! Ruth is getting really really sick of being pregnant, she's had enough and wants the baby OUT!

And Zorba, thanks for the advice, but what's a wrinkle? I'm a man and I don't see those things...

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,841 posts

You gave me the advice to read all the post first before replying and so i dit.

Actually this is a given, I assume everybody would have read the entire thread before posting at all. The advice I meant for you (and anyone else) was this:
To read, re-read, edit, preview, and then read and edit again your own post before you respond to a thread. Sometimes I have decided, after doing this, not to bother replying at all.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Hey, Troy- you're going to like this advice! Having marital relations helps to encourage the babies to get into the right position for birth, and something from the man triggers the woman's hormones to prepare for the birth better. So, as long as it's comfortable... best thing to do while waiting is to do it. and do it again, because it's gonna be a few weeks before Ruth will look at you...that way! Have you picked out names? Do you know if it's a boy or girl? Let us know when we can celebrate!
Johanna

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts

Having marital relations helps to encourage the babies to get into the right position for birth,

I was always concerned about poking somones eye out :whistling:
sorry just couldn't resist

Due date is the 21st, only a few days away now! Ruth is getting really really sick of being pregnant, she's had enough and wants the baby OUT!

Been there. getting up to the date its always the most tiring for them just want to get the baby out !!!!

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,841 posts

Having marital relations helps to encourage the babies to get into the right position for birth

I didn't think it needed a shower before birth? :whistling:

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
And just think - you don't have to worry about getting pregnant at this point! :whistling:

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Ummm...my kids are 17 months apart. I didn't plan for or expect child #2 because I thought that while a woman nursed, she wouldn't conceive. Just for the record- this info is erroneous. Child #2 nursed until he was informed that kids who eat pizza have no nutritional reason for nursing, or he would prob still be trying to get some more. (He starts second grade next week!) If Ruth is planning to nurse, look up "La Leche League". They have lots of tips & tricks to make things easier, and nursing is good for both mommy & baby.
Johanna

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts

or he would prob still be trying to get some more

For the record it never stops :whistling:

My wife breast fed all our kids and man when the milk came in :blink:

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Due date has come and gone, bub must really like it in there! It'll come when it comes, just thought I'd keep you posted. It's really funny because on the due date (last Tuesday), I got hit by a car at work (nothing too serious) and had to go to hospital, and the nurses were laughing so hard because I was the one in hospital and my wife was at home not having the baby...