Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pending fatherhood

• Please log in to reply

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Reuben Anthony, my son.

Reuben means "Behold, a son" and was a random name we both liked that was on the "short-list".
Anthony is my middle name.

EDIT: that handsome man holding him is ME :whistling:

Edited by ruthandtroy, 31 August 2007 - 07:31 AM.

Advertisements

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Reuben is gorgeous - he looks very content - and his Dad looks like an old hand already!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
*dsenette fires up photoshop

ipl_001

ipl_001

• Expert
  • 124 posts
  • MVP
Hi ruthandtroy,

Gorgeous!

I wish you, your wife and baby, the better of life!

Congratulations and happiness to the whole family! :whistling:

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Uh oh, hit the decks :whistling:

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,841 posts

Reuben is gorgeous - he looks very content - and his Dad looks like an old hand already!

Yes, old and I feel it, oh boy! He's very happy, but I feel like I'm going to drop him or break him! And then the nurses come in and check him out and move him and poke him and grab him and he just takes it fine, so I'll learn more as I go. I had to change his nappy for the first time, it was so disgusting, I'm just glad it doesn't smell to begin with... So I wiped everything up good and proper and then bathed him, first bath, and the nurses helped me for everything. Once mum and bub come home, I think we're going to need some help. Anyone want to come to the beautiful GOLD COAST for a lovely holiday? :whistling:

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,841 posts

Gorgeous!

That's the baby, right? :whistling: Thanks, I'm pretty ecstatic right now, it's just so amazing.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,841 posts

I'm actually interested to see what you can do...

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I think it took me about a month before I realized that I wasnt going to brake my son. The first few days I was sitting down I wouldnt hold him while I stood because I was scared of hurting him.
But when you get home and hes going to rely on you, you will just do it. After a few weeks I realized I didnt even think of it and I was just doing what he needed.
So dont worry, you will do fine, and they are actually very tough for small people :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

He's very happy, but I feel like I'm going to drop him or break him!

that's why i don't hold babies (also because i don't like being puked on)

I had to change his nappy for the first time, it was so disgusting

if i ever have a kid (not likely) i'll be buying gloves in bulk....i used to work in a hospital...so i've changed adult diapers....i aint gettin no poop on my hands

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Yeah, I've already been taking him for "racies", we go from the room out to the nurses desk (which is an island) and we do a lap or two before coming into the "pits" again...

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Not to get too disgusting but the first week or so of poopie diapers are the worst, because its all the fluid coming out, I just remember it looking like road tar :whistling:

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Yeah road tar, that's a good one, I thought it looked like melted chocolate. It made it just a little more bearable... :whistling:

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Haha, breathe through your mouth :whistling:

Good times, Im now in potty training phase, so the nasties dont ever go away!

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Oh dear, potty training, I do have lots to look forward to... Can't we just go live in a straw hut and poo in the grass anywhere we like?