Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Software updates won't connect to the Internet

• Please log in to reply

popcan

popcan

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey all,
Software programs (ie. Ad-Aware, Adobe) connot connect to the internet when I try and update them. I am unaware where the problem lies, I was thinking maybe in my security internet options but can't conquer the problem. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If you recently installed IE7 it has been known to cause this type of problem. Otherwise, if you have a third-party firewall installed, check to make sure the programs you are trying to update are not flagged up in the firewall settings as "blocked".

popcan

popcan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Yeah, it was the 3rd person fire wall doing the damage. Is the windows security firewall sufficient enough for security purposes (for a general user)?