Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lost all the files on my computer

• Please log in to reply

urban_rose

urban_rose

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
I installed then uninstalled Nero yesterday and after that, i've lost ALL my uni work and everything from D drive which was the 'Backup' drive...I tried using a program which was 'ADRC Data Recovery Tools'. The program found the deleted files but the filenames are in weird letters like a file called 'ayaahs.doc' comes out as 'áyaahs.doc' or something so it doesn't recognise it.

So yeah, can someone help me out please?

P.S - I can't do system restore cos there aren't any restore points saved

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
When a file is accidentally deleted, very often the first few letters of the filename will be irretrievably lost so file-recovery utilities can often recover a file but not it's original filename, so it has to fill in the missing characters using guesswork. You should still be able to open it though, either by opening the program that created it (eg Microsoft Word) then going to 'File->Open, or you should be able to rename the recovered file to anything you like if it's recovered name contains any odd characters which may prevent it from opening.

Pulsive

Pulsive

• Pip
  • 1 posts
You can recover your deleted files by using Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery Software, a file and partition recovery utility which recovers the lost data due to system format, or due to software malfunction, file/directory deletion, viruses or even sabotage.
Download the software from: http://www.stellarin...on-recovery.htm