Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

OPENING FILES WITH .DBK

• Please log in to reply

headwayne

headwayne

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
I am so not "in the know" about this sort of thing that i do not even know if this is the proper forum to put this question.
When i had a Virus Application failure to activate issue and among other things had to reinstall my MSN, I no longer had the folders i had set up as Stored on Your Computer for emails that were quite necessary to save.
With a search, i have located Stored Messages but cannot figure out how to access them. They are DBK file types.
Will someone help me or even relocate this to the proper forum???

Thank you VERY much.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
is it a dbk or a dbx file? and by reinstall my MSN what do you mean? connect back to your MSN mail acount in outlook express?

headwayne

headwayne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
When the Security Suite's virus protection would not activate, they had me put the MSN disc in and the messages stored on my computer vanished along with the folders. When i did an import to try to retrieve them(at their suggestion) i got very old ones but there are files with that extension our there somewhere and i am unable to do anything with them. I tried the Microsoft's suggestion with setting up new folders on the desktop and placing any files with that extension in them but i cannot access them in anyway to even know whose they are. I had them divided by different family member's names originally.
I think i am just done in by this.