Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Valintino Guxxi

• Please log in to reply

minscandboo

minscandboo

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Didn't really know where to put this thread, will start here and see how we go

I run a web based promotional products buisness in which I receive email enquiries for product quotes through a message box link on my website. Recently I received an email from the site from "Valintino Guxxi" simply saying "Hello, Your site is great. Regards, Valintino Guxxi". Thought it was a little odd this person not actually asking for any information, so I googled "Valintino Guxxi" and half a million pages pop up in which the same person has left the same message on websites all over the world.

This leaves me with an impending feeling of virussy-wormy-trojan doom. I've done the standard spyware/virus checks and removed a couple of minors, but i'm unsure whether they were related at all to this.

Does any one know anything about this Valintino Guxxi?

Moderators: Feel free to move the post to wherever it should have been posted in the first place

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Don't know about the particular "person", but I have received similar emails from someone filling out my quote form on my web site. Plan on putting in Captcha or something similar soon to ensure it is a person and not a 'bot that fills out the form. More then likely is is someone who is trying to get a high listing in the SEs for whatever reason.

I did a search on several of ones I received and they, too, were listed all over the place.

Ron