Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox problem

• Please log in to reply

shukcb04

shukcb04

• Pip
  • 1 posts
searched but couldn't find an answer for this. sometimes i'll attempt to open firefox and it won't load. i go to task manager and try to kill the process but it won't end. so i try to open again and it says i ahve to close out the current firefox window. so i have to restart the computer. i'll try again and sometimes it will work, sometimes it wont. eventually i have to restart again and go into safe mode, then close it in safe mode and open it up the regular way. what in the world is going on?

Advertisements

Dngrsone

Dngrsone

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I have run into the same problem on older installs... most of the time is was an issue of small RAM and lots of overhead, but there was also a problem with one of the older extensions I had installed...

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
You could uninstall and then reinstall.
Make sure you don't have a beta version Firefox 2.0.0.4 is the latest release.
Also check to see if your firewall is allowing firefox to run.

Some firewall software may silently block Firefox from running. This often happens immediately after Firefox has been installed or updated from a previous version. There are configuration instructions available for most popular firewall programs to help you ensure that Firefox is allowed to connect to the Internet.

Firefox 2.0.0.4