Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Big Time Help With my laptop Aspire 3680-2633

• Please log in to reply

bladeofcyan

bladeofcyan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys, could ya help a gal out? Basically what happened is I was running vista on my aspire 3680-2633.
I tried installing xp on a different partition thinking, no big deal, I will be able to switch between them. AHHHH! What a mistake guys! Anyhow, while in XP I cant friggin do anything! I can't get my computer back online so i can even begin to start over! I assume I am missing drivers or something but I tried downloading some and they dont work! On top of this Acer is totally useless! They stink. So here I am with a useless XP. I want to keep running xp don't get me wrong, Vista stinks. Can anyone help me in getting my computer back online and trying to fix this crap! I would reaaaaaaallly appreciate it! Thank u!!!

Advertisements

bladeofcyan

bladeofcyan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
awww you guys must not got any girls like this! lol

Joker1337

Joker1337

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I'm not entirely clear on this. Can you boot to XP? to Vista? If so, what exactly isn't working in the OS?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Go to start/control panel/system/hardware/device manager and see if there are any errors listed.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
so you're wanting to completely get rid of vista and start over with XP right?

my suggestion would be to completely remove vista by formatting the vista partition...you should have multiple partitions on the LT to start with....one should have been the vista partition and another should be the acer recovery partition...leave the recovery partition in place as you may need it if you ever want to restore the laptop to factory defaults...if you're never going to want to put vista and everything else back on there you could remove this partition...but..i suggest leaving it

once the vista partition is gone you would install XP in it's place...then use your driver cd (should have came with one) to reinstall the drivers....if you don't have a driver cd the driver lists can be found here