Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Printing Problems

• Please log in to reply

ryan drean

ryan drean

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I hope I can desribe this problem clearly...the lexmark "technicians" had no valuable help.

I am on vista, I own a X5250. I attempted to install the download/package from the lexmark site and basically it is getting caught in an uninstall - re-install loop.

It tells me to hit the setup. I do. Then it asks me to "Continue" on the main screen. From there it asks me to uninstall old drivers, which I already have done. I do that, again, and it restarts. I hit setup again, as it instructs, and then it brings me back to the uninstall screen again. This will continue forever if I let it.

Side note...I attempted to install the lexmark software manually pointing the computer to the folder the drivers are in. It will install the lexmark all in one stuff, it will properly install and see the scanner, which I used too. Then it will act as if it is installing the printer driver but when I go to use that printer it says the computer can not communicate. The driver is on the machione but seemingly useless.

So, with the lexmark setup I get nothing but the loop. With the manual install I get everything except a working printer. Please someone help me???!!!

Advertisements

Cybertimber2007

Cybertimber2007

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > Your Username > Disable UAC.

Install drivers

Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > Your Username > Re-enable UAC.

ryan drean

ryan drean

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
that didn't seem to do anything at all...anyone else with any other ideas

Cybertimber2007

Cybertimber2007

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
I didn't notice the issue where when you manually pointed it to the driver folder it also failed.

You can do one of two things from my stance. Call Lexmark, or wait until they release their next set of updated drivers. It sounds like the printer driver might be faulty.

ryan drean

ryan drean

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ok...thanks for the help.

Cybertimber2007

Cybertimber2007

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hopefully you'll check this again..
I'm finding quite a few google hits about this issue. Apparently there is both a bad driver and a bad installer for that series.

More to come shortly...