Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PNG problems with IE

• Please log in to reply

Liadan

Liadan

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
For some reason my PNG graphic in my CSS style sheet causes some of the content text to disappear in IE. This doesn't happen in Firefox.
If I take the PNG graphic out, it's fine.
Does anyone know how to work around this? Thanks.

Advertisements

Liadan

Liadan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
My mistake... it is not caused by the PNG image. It's caused by float left. When I have a float left in the webpage, it causes the header text as well as the text beside the floated picture to disappear when I hit refresh. Again this is only in IE, not Firefox.

I've search the web for this problem, but only found and IE float fix that's not related to this problem.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be thankful.

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
i know you searched around for a fix but I came across a webpage that might help. You may or may not have already seen it but figured I'd post it incase you haven't.

CSS Float Theories
Hope it helps.

Good Luck

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Check out Explorer Exposed!. More IE bug fixes there that may help.

Ron

Liadan

Liadan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi! Thank you so much for the links. In my searching, I did not come across those two pages, so I'm going to check them out.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You're welcome. You're not the first, nor the last, to have to dig for something to straighten IE out! LOL

Ron