Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

On browsers like ie and firefox text appears slightly blurry

• Please log in to reply

stealthyasallama

stealthyasallama

• Pip
  • 8 posts
It's just text, it doesn't appear as sharp is it should and it doesn't allow me to read for very long, images and videos games etc all appear perfectly clear, but the text is just slightly blurry but only in internet explorer, and firefox just my internet browsers.

I have an Acer AL2216W, and an 8800gtx I've tried a few things, but since it's just with my browsers I get the feeling it's got nothing to do with those, any help would be appreciated

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Ensure that windows is setup to use "ClearType":

Right-click a blank area of the Desktop and choose "Properties".
Click the "Appearance" tab.
Click the "Effects" button.
Place a tick against "Use the following method to smoothe edges of screen fonts"
Select "ClearType" from the drop-down arrow.
Click 'OK' to save the new setting.

stealthyasallama

stealthyasallama

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I did what you said to, and it was already set to cleartype, I also tried the normal option there, things are still a bit blurry so I dunno i'm just gonna switch back my widescreen for my regular monitor, thanks anyway though

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
it could be your computers reolution as when i switch to a differnet resolation from 1280 by 1024 to 1280 by 768 the font goes bluriy so try changeing your pc resolotion

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Yes indeed spud. never thought of that. All LCD monitors are designed to give the clearest, sharpest picture at one fixed resolution (known as it's "native" resolution). for the Acer AL2216W the native resolution is 1680 x 1050. Any other resolution will compromise the display quality (though it won't do it any harm). If you are unable to select this resolution it will be because your graphics card doesn't support it. The only way to achieve it then would be to check first which cards do support those settings and buy one.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I would check and see if a driver update is available from the video card manufacturer's site first. Not sure that would help problem, but a new updated driver install couldn't hurt.

Ron

stealthyasallama

stealthyasallama

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I appologize for not making this basic detail available, my resolution has been set at 1680 x 1050, when i use my 1280 by 1024 monitor everything seems much clearer though It's becoming puzzling(plz note that all video, games, and pictures are crystal clear on the widescreen monitor it's just text.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
might want to try redownloading clear type if you can