Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Update

• Please log in to reply

BGC

BGC

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB928366)

Continues to call for download but does not install

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Thats ok, I am having troubl with .net 2.0 updates om 3 units. Still working on that.

Anyways, my searches have come up with a lot of people having your problem.

Read the following for attempts/ possible repair.
http://www.computerhaven.info/forum/tm.asp...mp;key=
http://blogs.msdn.co.../08/406671.aspx

MANUAL DOWNLOAD

BGC

BGC

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks for the input. I looked at your suggestions.

I then checked Microsoft on my update listings and they have a site that offers free technical help with downloads. I am waiting for their reply.

I will let you know what they say.

Thanks, BGC

Edited by BGC, 13 July 2007 - 11:32 AM.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Let us know. I managed to get KB928365 for .net 2.0 to work on 1 comp. Did the same steps on the 2nd and it failed. Go figure (MS)

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
The steps I took for .net 2.0 and KB928365 that worked. I suspect that it might work for your problem.

1. Go to add/remove and click on change/ remove. This will have you uninstall the 1.1 ver.
2. Go to updates and reinstall the .net ver 1.1
3. Go back to updates and try to install KB928366

I also tried the update cleanup tool prior to this, but for me it didn't help.

Installer cleanup tool

BGC

BGC

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
By following the directions I received from MICROSOFT I was able to complete the download. I did have to save the file to Windows and disable my virus program during the download and installation.

Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2007 3:13 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Microsoft Incident: SRX1039426271

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your response.

I understand that the update KB928366 still cannot be installed. I have checked the screenshot and found that the error 9006 occurred, indicating that Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 is not detected.

This issue can occur when .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 is not installed successfully.

Before we move on, I would like to confirm if any difficulties were encountered when following the previous suggestions to remove .NET Framework. If so, do not hesitate to let me know.

Please understand that our issue is most likely caused by damaged components of .NET Framework. This time, let’s download another tool to remove .NET Framework to make sure that the damaged components will be cleared up. Please refer to the following steps:

Step 1: Remove the corrupt .NET Framework components

===============================

Please download another Clean Up tool and use it to help us remove the corrupted .NET Framework components completely.

1. Please visit the Clean Up tool by the following direct link:

http://astebner.sts....leanup_tool.zip

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

2. When the File Download window comes up, please save it to the desktop and then unzip it. You will get the file “cleanup_tool.exe”.

3. Please double click it and choose Yes to reply.

4. At “Product to cleanup”, Choose all version of .NET Framework

5. Then Click Cleanup Now

After doing that, please try to reinstall .NET Framework and updates for it. For your convenience, I have included the steps below:

Step 2: Install .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable Package and .NET Framework 1.1 SP1

=================================================================

1. Please download the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package and the updates from the following link and save them to the C drive (C:\)

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package

http://download.micr...06/dotnetfx.exe

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

http://download.micr...B867460-X86.exe

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB928366)

http://www.download....5d81a178b15.exe

2. When the File Download window appears, please click the Save button, and follow the directions to save it to Windows. After downloading the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 setup file onto your computer, please double-click the .NET Framework files to manually install them one by one.

If any error comes up, please use the steps below to capture the error:

How to capture a Screenshot:

=======================

1. When the error appears, please press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.

2. Click Start, click Run, type MSPAINT, and click OK.

3. In Paint, click Paste under the Edit Menu, click Save under the File menu, type a file name for the screenshot, choose JPEG as "Save as type", click “Desktop” on the left pane, and click Save.

4. Please find the screenshot on the Desktop and send it as an attachment to: [email protected].

Note: When attaching files to emails, the process will vary depending on the email application being used. While you are composing the email, most applications will provide you with either an "Attach" button or Paper Clip Icon to click in order to attach a file. After clicking this button/icon you must browse to the file you wish to attach and select it by either double clicking it or clicking it once and then clicking on the "Attach" button.

Thank you for your cooperation. I look forward to your response.

Best Regards,

Lynn Zhang

[email protected]

Microsoft Windows Support Professional