Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

New monitor

• Please log in to reply

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
I have have an old 15" dell and I would like to upgrade to an LCD widescreen for watching movies, using Vista, and playing games like BF2142. I just can't decide on what to get. I hear that Dells are the best bang for your buck and Samsungs are nice too. I am pretty sure I want a refresh rate of less then 8ms and a DVI connection. I just don't know what a good enough contrast ratio, brightness, and pixel pitch is. I am also looking at about an 19"-20.1" widescreen range. If I can get good quality for ~$200 I will probably go for the 20".

Edited by jackflash1991, 13 July 2007 - 02:45 PM.

Advertisements

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
As far as bang for the buck go with Acer. They also have better warrenty and tech support. All in the USA. Good performance at a competative price, however if you are willing to spend more samsung is great.