Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Two errors coming up

• Please log in to reply

Bandalier

Bandalier

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I'm getting two errors when I boot up Win XP. One says that there is a "Java Virtual Machine Error. - Could not find the main class." The other is a "C:\WINDOWS\Nail.exe" error. - WINDOWS cannot find 'C:\WINDOWS\Nail.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, then type it again..."

Any ideas on either one of these errors?

Thanks,

Bandalier

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
For the Java error, download and install the latest version of 'Sun Java Runtime Environment' from here: http://java.sun.com/...2/download.html Click the link labelled "Download J2SE JRE"

Nail.exe is malware/spyware. It seems you may have used a removal tool in the past to shift it but some references to it still remain in the Registry.
Whilst you could run a manual search for nail.exe in the Registry and delete them, I do not recommend you mess about in there as you could do more harm than good. I suggest you run HijackThis and post it's report (ie log) to the experts in the malware forum. Read the 'pinned' posts on the malware forum for more info about HijackThis and how to get it: http://www.geekstogo...o-Here-f37.html

Bandalier

Bandalier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Thanks.

I downloaded the Java and the error is still coming up. Any other ideas?

I'm submitting the request to the malware forum soon, so we'll hopefully see what happens.

Thanks,

Bandalier