Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen of Death Problem

• Please log in to reply

Chappers

Chappers

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I am using a dell NTFS system. Windows XP home. I have had problems with defragmenting beforfe I.E it made most of my hard drive red. :whistling:

Now, I was playig on test drive unlimited, a game i know crashes alot and will not exit when it has crashed so you have to hold down the button for 7 secs. When I did this i turned the PC back on imediately, it went through all the normal boot up until the scolling blue windows startup. It scrolled about 1cm then the blue screen came up with a

STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x8A62A118, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000)

this was displayed on the blue screen, it said resstart so i did and it came up again, so i restarted and it did it again. so I cannot reach my desktop and take the steps described in the sticky topic at the top of the forum.

please help

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
curiousity killing me, can you get into safe mode, can you do a Chkdsk /r from the runbox since it seems like a bad sector