Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Where to download SP2

• Please log in to reply

tbomkamp

tbomkamp

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I just bought a new computer for the office, and want to get it thoroughly protected before it touches the internet. I hav transfered all my anti-malware software (spywareblaster, adaware, spybot, the included macafee antivirus, that's all, but if you can think of more let me know) to it, but I want to install SP2 also. MS's website just links me to their auto-update site, but I want it before I get to the web. Any suggestions, or am I just being paranoid?

Advertisements

jdm

jdm

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
Considering the version of SP2 I have is 272MB your only option to install, without going to the internet to download, is to find someone near you to burn a copy onto a CDR. And then install SP2 from the CDR.

Jeff

tbomkamp

tbomkamp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
where do I find though. transporting is not a problem. or am I just making more work than is necessary?

jdm

jdm

• PipPip
  • 79 posts

where do I find though.  transporting is not a problem.  or am I just making more work than is necessary?

View Post

Is this what you're looking for?

The link above is for the IT version of SP2. I recommend downloading the IT version, even if you're using only one computer.

Jeff

tbomkamp

tbomkamp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I saw that earlier, but wasn't sure if it was the correct one.

jdm

jdm

• PipPip
  • 79 posts

I saw that earlier, but wasn't sure if it was the correct one.

View Post

Yep, that's it.