Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard/Interface Error (Help Needed ASAP)

• Please log in to reply

Jimmy2

Jimmy2

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Alright, i opened up my pc to clean it, and while i was doing that i messed something up. When i start up my pc, it will power on and everything, but my USB, normal keyboard/mouse plugs, and probably the rest of the plugins i havent tested will not work. I have checked every connection in the PC and they are all snug and not loose, i am stumped!
Its my work PC and i have alot of things to get done this week, with no other computer to use. I need URGENT help!

Can anyone help?

Thanks for reading,
Jimmy

Edited by Jimmy2, 14 July 2007 - 11:06 PM.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Can you try a PS/2 keyboard and mouse?

Jimmy2

Jimmy2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Isnt that the normal mouse/keyboard plugs? They dont work either.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Yes that's the "normal" ones, sounds like you've done something then... I'm not too sure from here, that was just my suggestion. If they aren't working either, then it sounds like a possible motherboard problem. If you hang tight, I'm sure someone else will come along soon who may have a different idea.

Cheers :whistling:

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
Can you enter the bios or does it not work from this point allso?

You may want to try to reset the bios by disconnecting the power to the pc and takeing out the battery. an waiting abkut 5 min and then put it all back. Then try and power up.

What did you do to clean it? what did you take apart?
When you posted that it will power on do you mean that windows boots or something else?

Jimmy2

Jimmy2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Yeah Windows will boot to the user log-in screen but without a keyboard i cant get passed it. BIOS i cant enter without a ekyboard either.
To clean it, all i opened up was my processor fan, other then that i used a can of air to spray the dust out.

Just tried the battery reset and it didnt work.

Edited by Jimmy2, 15 July 2007 - 02:55 PM.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If you have USB ports, try using a USB keyboard. It may well be your PS/2 ports have gone.
If you have no joy with a USB keyboard, its likely your machine's developed a mainboard issue which means its going to have to be replaced.

Jimmy2

Jimmy2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have one, but as stated none of the plugs/ports dont work.

Edited by Jimmy2, 15 July 2007 - 10:46 PM.