Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please HELP backing Up my DVD

• Please log in to reply

georgetok

georgetok

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hello,

Please forgive me if this is a really stupid question & I read few posts to get some idea & downloaded some necessary software too.

I just got my first video DVD whch is sort of an instructional video DVD for my business..

I want to make a back up copy of it.

I have never ever used a movie DVD or any kind of video DVD before.

I do back up regular data from my hard drive to a 4.7 GB DVD using Sonic software provided by Dell.

This is the first video DVD I played using Roxio CinePlayer.

I know nothing about DVd protection. How do I know if there is a protection on this DVD ?

I have just downloaded the DVDFab Platinum a DVD copying software suggested in this forum.

My questions are :

Can I just copy this DVD using my regular Dell provided Sonic software ?

Can I copy this DVD using DVDFab platinum software & if yes, do I need to remove any kind of protection before I copy ?

Trying to copy this DVD by using either software would hurt the original in any way ? ( This probably might be the stupidest question )

I might have to return this DVD to the vendor if the product with which this DVD came with doesn't work out for me after 30 Day trial period.

Thank You.
George

Advertisements

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Since this is a DVD that you are purchasing with a 30 day trial, I am sure it would be illegal and unethical to make a backup copy, especially if you are planning on returning the original.

georgetok

georgetok

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
On the contrary, I have bought it & paid for it.

They are saying if you are not satisfied you can return it in 30 days which means I better keep the original in good condition if I must return it.

If I don't need to return it, then I better have a back up copy.

Either way it makes sense to have a back up.

Comment please.