Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flash PLayer

• Please log in to reply

PurpleEagle

PurpleEagle

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Please Help ME. I have been trying many different things online. In the end, there is no sound from Flash Player/ stremaing video. I have a windows XP system. PLease help.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Please go to adobe.com and reinstall/upgrade flash. THis will have to be done for each browser you user (firefox and IE for example). There is a new update for flash that resolves critical security vulnerabilities.

are you have any other problems playing sounds?

PurpleEagle

PurpleEagle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I do have other sound problems. I don't hear the normal window sounds. Like starting and turning on the computer.
Sound Devices. I went to Sounds and Audio Devices Properties in the control panel. I have one weird thing there. Under the Voice tab. Under Boice Playback. I can not select a Default Device. I try to click on my sound card "SoundMax Digital Audio", but when I click OK or APPLY, it goes back to "blank". Could this be my problem?
-------------
Description: SoundMAX Digital Audio
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24C5&SUBSYS_01601028&REV_01
Manufacturer ID: 65535
Product ID: 65535
Type: WDM
Driver Name: smwdm.sys
Driver Version: 5.12.0001.5246 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Date and Size: 1/27/2005 15:31:06, 260352 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Analog Devices
HW Accel Level: Full
Cap Flags: 0xF5F
Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 192000
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 33, 32
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 33, 32
HW Memory: 0
Voice Management: Yes
EAX™ 2.0 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes
I3DL2™ Listen/Src: Yes, Yes
Sensaura™ ZoomFX™: Yes
Registry: OK
Sound Test Result: All tests were successful.

---------------------
Sound Capture Devices
---------------------
Description: SoundMAX Digital Audio
Default Sound Capture: Yes
Default Voice Capture: Yes
Driver Name: smwdm.sys
Driver Version: 5.12.0001.5246 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Date and Size: 1/27/2005 15:31:06, 260352 bytes
Cap Flags: 0x41

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you tried re-installing the sound card software

PurpleEagle

PurpleEagle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Yes, i got the new sound driver off of dell web site. didn't help :whistling:

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok, now go to the control panel, sounds. Click on the audio tab.

Check our devices for each of the 3 sections. use the pull down arrow to see what your offerings are.

PurpleEagle

PurpleEagle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I went to Sounds and Audio Devices Properties in the control panel. Under audio, the sound card is selected for the Sound playback and the sound recording. Under MIDI music PLayback, it is Microsfot GS wave. I have one weird thing. Under the Voice tab. Under voice Playback. I can not select a Default Device. I try to click on my sound card "SoundMax Digital Audio", but when I click OK or APPLY, it goes back to "blank". Could this be my problem

Smarteykatt

Smarteykatt

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I have this same problem. Was it ever resolved? This has been going on with our PC for months and am just about ready to chuck it all. :whistling:

PurpleEagle

PurpleEagle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Still unresolved. no one has come up with why i can't get sound with flash player / youtube.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what web browser are you using? If your using Internet Explorer, then lets try Firefox. you will have to install the flash for firefox as it is separate from the one used for IE.

This should give us a good idea if this is a sound/hw issue or an IE/OS issue.

Advertisements

Smarteykatt

Smarteykatt

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I'm using IE7. I was using Firefox for a little while because I thought that was the problem, but I couldn't get it to work with that either.

Smarteykatt

Smarteykatt

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hijack this thread, but it seems like a lot of people are having this problem. I've been searching for answers for months and haven't found anything that works. Also having a problem downloading Quicktime....thinking this may be part of the same problem. Anyone else?

PurpleEagle

PurpleEagle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Using the same two, firefox and IE. Flash player has no sound on both.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
First, I highly recommend that you update/reinstall sound drivers. If this doesn't fix the issue then try this:

1)make sure the volume is turned all the way to the right. all the way to the left is "mute" This is done in the flash player itself

2)click your start button
go to run and type
services.msc
hit ok
in the services (local) pane you need to look for Adobe LM Service
start it and set to automatic

3)Go to a page with a Flash video on it.
Click on the video to activate Flash, then right click on it to bring up the Flash menu.
Click on "Settings", then click the "Advanced..." button.
This should open a new browser window with the Flash Player Settings Manager.

Look on the left side, under "Table of Contents" and "Flash Player Help", for "Global Storage Settings Panel"
Click the "Global Storage Settings Panel" link. This will load the panel on the right side in a Flash object.
You will find that the "Allow third-party Flash content to store data on your computer" box is unchecked.
Check that box!!!

After the box is checked, it should save the setting right away, but I had a little trouble getting it to save the setting. I had to close all open Internet Explorer windows and go back and check the box several times, but finally it saved the setting. Once it did, I had audio in my embedded YouTube videos again.

4)try the suggestion listed here: http://wizkid.wordpr...dio-on-youtube/

If any of the suggestions works, please let us know which one.

Smarteykatt

Smarteykatt

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
For me, none of the above. I keep getting a message that I need to download Flash Player again...and again...and again. Why isn't it downloading Flash?