Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Limited or no Conectivity sign

• Please log in to reply

Chill-Gamer

Chill-Gamer

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Dear Geeks to Go,
i just bought the HP Pavilion DV9000 with 2 gigs of RAM upgrade..
and im running vista home premium..

anyway, i have a problem with my wireless, there are 3 other notebooks, who can connect with any problems,
but it just keeps giving me the "Limited or No Connectivity Sign" :whistling:

so my question is, what can i do about this problem,

if you need more specifications, let me know..
cause i really want to fix this problem, i hope someone can help me out here :blink:

thx in advance,

Chill Gamer :help:

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Have you been able to connect at all with this laptop? If not, and you're sure you are in working range of the router, then it may be that the router is using a security password about which your laptop's wireless configuration utility knows nothing. If that's the case, you need to enter that same password, together with the same security standard that the router's using (it will be either WEP or WPA-PSK security), then save those settings as a profile, and you should be able to connect.

If all that's already been taken care of, take the laptop as near as you can to the router (ie in the same room). If it works now, you must have been out of range before.

Edited by pip22, 15 July 2007 - 01:56 PM.