Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Downloaded and Installed Program removal

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
I downloaded and installed a programme called Ledger and Cashbook(http://www.responsive.co.nz/index.html) but had difficulties with it.

In an attempt to remove the programme utilizing "Add/Remove Programs" I was successful at removing the program itself, but the program has left an application called BDE Administrator on my Control Panel, and I don't see anyway of removing it. apparently this is a database application. Any advice would be appreciated.

waynf

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
you can remove the icon from Control Panel like this:

1. Search for all files ending with *.cpl (that's a star, then a full stop then the letters CPL, with no spaces anywhere) on drive C:

2. look through them all in the search list for one with a name that looks like the one you want to remove (probably BDA something). The date will also be a clue since all the default XP control panel icons will have the same date stamp.

3. If you think you've found it, don't delete it but make a note of it's location then 'cut and paste' it to the desktop in case you got the wrong one, then you'll be able to put it back in the right place. Now reboot Windows. Check Control Panel. If it's gone you can delete it from the desktop.

Edited by pip22, 15 July 2007 - 10:54 AM.