Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ip Question

• Please log in to reply

chiquita77

chiquita77

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
Hi, Can anybody please tell me what software I should purchase to hide my IP? I was looking into www.iprivacytools.com can anyone tell me if they are trust worthy? Thanks :whistling:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
May I ask, why do you feel the need to hide your IP?

chiquita77

chiquita77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
A friend told me it was a good idea to hide my IP as a security measure to avoid hackers getting access to my pc. Thanks

chiquita77

chiquita77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
A friend told me it was a good idea to hide my IP as a security measure to avoid hackers getting access to my pc. Thanks

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
If you're being served files from a server, which you are anytime you're on the web, the server needs to know your IP and a good deal more, like your operating system and browser, your screen size, your address on any internal network, whether you have received the packets of data that have been sent, etc..

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
A better way to protect against hackers is to simply get a good firewall program. ZoneAlarm is a good free one.

Edited by stettybet0, 15 July 2007 - 08:13 PM.