Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dedicated i-Tunes PC

• Please log in to reply

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
I have an HP Pavillion that I wanted to setup with only i-Tunes on it (No OS).
I have a 120 GB HD that I want to use.
I was wondering if this is possible or if I will need to have an operating system.

Advertisements

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
I am not 100% sure, but I believe you need an OS.

Why would you want to do that anyways?

keithr128

keithr128

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
The main reason that I want to do this is because I am tired of looking at my cd collection collecting dust ( I have 1200+) and I don't like to clutter my car with cd cases and cd's, so I have been putting them all on the 120 gb hd.
I also want to do this because I now have 5 pc's ( Somebody just gave me the HP I mentioned earlier) so I figured that I don't need all of them doing the same thing, it also gives some fun projects to do with my son, we are going to try and build our own pvr once I remember to pickup some coax cable at Home Depot.
We are going to try to copy what was done HERE.

BTW thank you again for the invite.

Edited by keithr128, 15 July 2007 - 08:01 PM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Thats correct you do need an OS, I'm not sure whether or not it'll work with Linux. But to run Lunix you need to know alot about computers, I have yet to try it for myself, hopefully I will have time one day......
James