Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ie sets up motem 98 se

• Please log in to reply

trucker

trucker

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
just put in 98se and ie6 when i open ie it trys to find motem... how do i get past this i get on line with oprea just fine :whistling:

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Or you using dial-up or broadband? Try looking in IE6's Tools menu under Internet Options and click the Connections tab. Choose your Internet connection set up from one of the options listed for IE6. Or, check in Opera's Tools menu under Preferences then Advanced tab. Select Network from menu and see how Opera is set up and do same for IE6. Usually you can have it auto-check for connections. Trying to remember this so may be wrong. LOL

Ron

trucker

trucker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
i cant get ie to even open it goes right to wiz for motom setup. ive got cable dsl. i need to bi pass that setup

trucker

trucker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
ive now got past setup wiz but still wont open web page. i am using a usb port to get out if that means anything

Edited by trucker, 15 July 2007 - 06:33 PM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Did you set LAN options in IE6's Internet Options to auto detect settings? USB is slower then using the ethernet connection, but the preference is yours for your DSL.

Sometimes after making these changes, you need to reboot after powering off your DSL modem first, then repower DSL as soon as reboot process starts. I had one that instructed to shut DSL power off and power PC off (not unplug), power on DSL and then repower/reboot PC. Crazy, but that worked for that DSL.

Ron

trucker

trucker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
heres what i did. installed a motom. picked one off the list that is given. that got me past the motom setup part. my wienerdog came in and unpluged my usb :whistling: as he was trying to get my dinner. as far as why i use usb this is an old toughbook loptop i got off ebay. it has no tele or eathernet conn. have to set them up thru pcmci cards.. aat any rate that prob is sovled..

now i need to find msnp32.dll, i get a popup when booting up unable to load the dynamic link libray. not sure what thats all about. plus im cant seem to uninstall avg antivirus

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You can download the msnp32.dll file here: http://www.dll-files...es.shtml?msnp32

More info about Error Message: Unable to Load the Dynamic Link Library: Msnp32.dll.

FAQs for AVG.

HTHs,

Ron