Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with A8n-Sli Premium

• Please log in to reply

Rayenasa

Rayenasa

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi i have the the a8n-sli from asus and after my powersuply fried for some unknown reason the mobo just wont power up i see the green light on but when i press the power button it does nothing, i have tried stripping the board but no effect

Advertisements

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
For starters if the power supply is fried the mobo could have gone with. Lets not be that hasety.

When you stipped the board what did you leave on it? You need at least the cpu, its fan and the extra 4 wire cable connected to the mobo

Does it beep??

Rayenasa

Rayenasa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I just left the cpu, memmory, and video card in it all tree have been tested in another mobo and they work plus i tried removing everything, just power cable the 4 pin 12V and nothing either it doesnt make a sound just that lil irritating green light..

Joker1337

Joker1337

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
That power LED may or may not be indictative of a actual working motherboard. It does show that the power is reaching the mobo, but I'd echo vally's feelings. I don't know exactly how that LED is laid out in the motherboard, but I don't expect it's much more than a tap across the power bus to ground.

If you pull all the RAM and the V-card, does it beep then? If not, I think you're looking at something that can't even get to BIOS for some reason or other.

Rayenasa

Rayenasa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
well you see it doesnt do anything no sound nothing but a friend of mine was able to get it on just he cant remember how and i don't know what else to do, i know this mobo has issues with antec powersuplies but the model of powersuply i'm using is not listed as one who has issues with asus mobo's.