Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multiple random programs opening on 2x networked PCs

• Please log in to reply

KNLsupport

KNLsupport

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am new here nice to meet you all.
We support a network of 13 PCs early last week one pc on network was crashing due to multiply programs opening randomly causing pc to lock up. I figured a mouse error opening anything it clicked on as crashed.

Changed mouse problem seemed to go. 2 days later same PC was having to run scan disk after every reboot and eventually was replaced with a new PC, due to HD being stuffed (PC was old in first place)

Now a week later i just had another call another PC on network is doing same thing. random pop ups of programs and windows folders.

Anyone else had a similar problem or know a fix...im thinking its windows update related but like i said it started last week 09/07/07

Thanks

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
has any new hardware or software been added besides new computer..
have you run any malware scans on those systems..
what AV do they use...