Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Laptop Having Problems Running COD UO Punkbuster

• Please log in to reply

Crack

Crack

• Pip
  • 5 posts
ey all its Crack and I just came back from college orientation at Virginia Tech and bought my new laptop. Unfortunatley its nothing specially made for gaming at any level, and COD United Offensive is not really working too well on it.
First the game was actually working within the BH search and destroy server but then i noticed that entire peices of texture from the map were invisible and certain pixels were missing everywhere and then also after Punkbuster began kicking me and referring me to evenbalance.com to manually update punkbuster.
I did what i thought was manually updating punkbuster but apparently not. I am still gettin kicked... the second i get into the server.

Here are my laptop credentials:

Toshiba protege M400 series
Intel® Core™ Solo Processor T1300 1.66GHz
12.1" Diagonal Wide View Angle XGA Display
512MB PC5300 DDR2 667MHz SDRAM
80GB HDD (5400rpm, Serial-ATA)
Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (802.11a/b/g)
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950 with 8MB-128MB dynamically allocated shared graphics

Its pissin me off....
Thanks guys
Crack

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
did you run pbsetup.exe?
http://www.evenbalan...age=pbsetup.php

also make sure you update your graphics drivers. Also what os are you running?

fortune82

fortune82

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
hmmm....punk buster might be doing what it did with America's Army.

in AA, you could edit the PB files to allow for lighter colors (so you could see easier in the dark areas) or to limit the draw distance (how far on the map you GPU renders the scenery). well, after a PB update, that was made "illegal" and would result in being kicked from the game.

what could be happening: when you see those blank patches, you PC has run out of graphics memory to render the map, but PB senses it as an alteration to the way it is being rendered instead of a PC malfunction.