Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I accidentally uninstalled a program called Sound Max and now...

• Please log in to reply

jah love.

jah love.

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I HAVE NO SOUND! It was a complete accident, one day I was uninstalling programs and I accidentally uninstalled Sound Max Cadenza. That is all I did, and all I have done so far. Now I have no sound on my computer. I have Windows XP.

I want to know how I can get sound back on my computer. I don't know anything about it, so I will need thourough guidance.

When I go to Sound and Audio Devices Properties in Control Panel the list of devices reads:

Sound Blaster 16 or AWE32 or compatible (WDM)
Audio Codecs
Legacy Adio Drivers
Media Control Devices
Legacy Video Capture Devices
Video Codecs
SiS 7018 Audio Driver

It also states that there is No Audio Device.

So, to clarify: all I have done is uninstalled a program called Sound Max Cadenza. I have not fiddled with anything else related to the sound on my PC.

I hope someone can help! Thanks!

Edited by jah love., 16 July 2007 - 08:13 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
You will need to reinstall your sound drivers. Do you know the make/model of your computer?

jah love.

jah love.

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Nevermind. I have fixed it.