Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help

• Please log in to reply

W-Unit

W-Unit

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
Alllrighty, so I've started out on building my gaming rig from scratch. The parts I used:

Mobo - ASUS NVidia nForce SPP 100
Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA Black
Aluminum Modern Dream Tower Chassis Computer Case
Blah blah blah I could go on but those two main things are causing me the most trouble as of right now.

Basically, when I press the power button, nothing happens, and I clearly have the Power SW cable connected to the right thing on the panel (99.9% sure) Yet, the green light for the mobo is on, clearly stating that the board is getting power, yet when I do press the button for power, nothing [bleep]ing happens. Can anyone out there help me out with this?

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Are your fans turning on and your hard disks spinning or nothing at all?

W-Unit

W-Unit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
Nope, nada, nothing, zilch. The motherboard states that it is powered, yet the power button doesn't even light up and absolutely nothing happens when I press the dang button.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Switch the power plug around.
You most likely have the negative wire in the positive pin and positive wire in the negative pin. This would be my first guess as it's very easy to mix up, I have done it myself.
James

Edited by james_8970, 16 July 2007 - 11:15 PM.