Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Card

• Please log in to reply

SamBeMad

SamBeMad

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey everyone, you're all gonna enjoy helping me out with this! No, seriously... I dug out my old P1 120 MHz PC and decided to see if it worked. Whaddya know it did work and this thing is plenty old, a decade at least. No fry outs no meltdowns, worked like a charm

But the problem is with the sound card, now helping me is optional because I'm not in desperate need of help as you can imagine... :whistling:

I checked out the sound card and found that it is a Opti 933 GOLD card, and I remember that I used to have a diskette with drivers or software that allowed me to run this thing, but now the diskette is wasted and I would really like to run this thing and play ye olde games like wing commander academy, doom, seven kingdoms and most of all speed demons with sound.

Alright, thanks to anyone who reads this post and more thanks to anyone who replies!
Samir

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
My suggestion would be to head down to a second hand computer store and pickup a cheap card (with drivers)...

SamBeMad

SamBeMad

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

My suggestion would be to head down to a second hand computer store and pickup a cheap card (with drivers)...

You're right that's what I first thought, but the whole idea of starting this topic was to challenge myself and mostly other people to find obsolete sound card drivers :blink: Also, I could probably improve the rest of the system by spending a cople of bucks as well. It's a P1 for crying out loud!

But don't worry, the PC i use has got a sound blaster live card and i have no trouble finding its drivers... I guess I didn't make it clear that I had multiple PCs and this was the oldest... Sorreee... :whistling:

Thanks anyways,
Samir

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Yeah it was clear to me, it was just an idea to find a card you knew you could get the drivers for...

I found this one for Win95, and this one for WinNT, although they don't say GOLD edition. It was just a Google search.

SamBeMad

SamBeMad

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey, thanks man

Downloaded the drivers and a couple others I found, only problem is I will have to burn them on to a CD before I can use them on the old PC...
Will try them out today, let you know the results tomorrow...

Thanks again!