Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP, 2002

• Please log in to reply

MorganaD

MorganaD

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Okay, I ran the CD and was able to make a new Windows file and get into my computer.
Problem now is that my Office program is gone, in fact my whole ID is gone, my files etc., but my daugthers files are there in her account.
How the heck can I find my files, including my Word, Excel, etc. It has to be there somewhere with my pics and my documents.
Thanks for the help getting it going again, and for any further info you can give me.
Morgana

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
I assume you have re-installed Windows when you say you have created a new windows file (a rather odd expression)? Doing this overwrites (ie erases) all the programs you had installed on the previous Windows installation so you need to re-install all those programs.

MorganaD

MorganaD

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
When the disc was running it ran a copy of the windows and it is installed under C:\
the other Windows is under that, C:\Windows

When restarting it asked if I wanted C: or the other, and not understanding exactly I said the new copy.
maybe it had repaired the other already? I don't know. Maybe I should run it again and see if I can get back my original windows.

Whatever, I have two copies of Windows on my computer now. The old and the copy.
Any ideas? It is an HP Pavillion
Thanks alot,
Morgana