Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CANT INSTALL NVIDIA GRAPHICS DRIVERS

• Please log in to reply

Kalian

Kalian

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
4400+ amd x2
3gb ram
Dual BFG 7800gtx in SLI
Windows xp Professional

I tried updating my drivers by deleting my old ones first. Why i did it that way i have no clue.

I downloaded the latest 7 series drivers from Nvidia.com. when i try to install them i get the prompt below.

Posted Image

I have disabled almost every program in startup without any success; i don't have any microsoft installations wizards open yet nvidia driver setup is picking something up.

Any idea on what this is and how to get around it? i'm stuck with default drivers and that really sucks =/

attached file is picture of the NVIDIA PROMPT of DEATH

nvidia_prompt.JPG

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Because you removed the existing graphics driver and restarted, Windows has re-detected the NVidia video card and is attempting to re-install the driver you removed. That's what is running, but you should have seen a window giving you chance to cancel it. Bring up the Task Manager then check the list of processes and/or applications to see if you can identify and close the hardware wizard from there.

Edited by pip22, 17 July 2007 - 02:29 AM.

Kalian

Kalian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Because you removed the existing graphics driver and restarted, Windows has re-detected the NVidia video card and is attempting to re-install the driver you removed. That's what is running, but you should have seen a window giving you chance to cancel it. Bring up the Task Manager then check the list of processes and/or applications to see if you can identify and close the hardware wizard from there.

you were right. the vga default drivers were so laggy that the prompt never came up although it was "hanging" in the abyss of the task manager. i not realizing it, brought it up manually through the hardware device manager attempting to manually install the drivers which i succeeded in doing so. after i closed it out the nvidia setup allowed me to finish its installation of the drivers (again) and software and then from there i rebooted and it worked out fine.

i figured it out about 10 minutes after i posted this. Thanks for the help though! G2G staff is fast as always~