Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

internet explorer not opening for xp

• Please log in to reply

mistaguy1

mistaguy1

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
my internet is working fine.. its just I cant get iexplorer to finish loading the page when I run it. Mozilla works fine however, and sometimes the a bunch of iexplorer start opening but none of them finish loading.. does someone have any ideas?

thanks

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you click start, control panel, network and internet, internet options to clear temporary internet files, cookies and history

mistaguy1

mistaguy1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
i tried that.. it still doesn't work

byrddogg77

byrddogg77

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I think you could look at my case and simply follow along and try all of the suggests listed in order. I think you could pretty much run through it in a day and I am willing to bet one of these steps will resolve you issue.

You can also try what was my final solution, which was to uninstall Google Desktop. Do you have this installed?

I hope this helps.

OS Forum

http://www.geekstogo...rs-t158473.html

MalWare

http://www.geekstogo...xe-t158521.html

Byrddogg77

mistaguy1

mistaguy1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
wow, uninstalling the google toolbar actually worked. However, the website loads slower than usual, and does this mean I can't ever have the toolbar .. cause I kinda like it.. lol

byrddogg77

byrddogg77

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
You are lucky, I think I just saved you hours and hours of trouble shooting. It took me over a week. I am glad I could help.

Yeah, I was able to reinstall Google Desktop (tool bar, should work too) and it worked. But if for some reason you run into the same problem again, just uninstall it. :whistling:

Byrddogg77

mistaguy1

mistaguy1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
alright thanks alot =]