Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player 10 help

• Please log in to reply

raz0r

raz0r

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello, when I play the songs from my mp3 player on WMP10 they souns all stuffy and scratchy, is there any way to fix this, I had this problem with WMP9 and I thought upgrading it to 10 would of fixed it, but it hasn't.

Advertisements

raz0r

raz0r

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Would anyone know how to fix this????

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
mp3 player on WMP10 they

What does that mean....you are hooking up your mp3 player to your computer? And playing them like an external harddrive?

raz0r

raz0r

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
If you can copy the file to the harddrive, and play it there, and it plays OK, then your issue is your connection, which is probably too slow.

Are you using firewire or USB? And if it is USB, I suspect your ports are usb 1.1, rather than 2.0

reverendvegita

reverendvegita

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a quick question of my own -- for some odd reason, my WMP has gotten dimmer (in video quality) over the past few days, whilst the gamma of the desktop has remained the same. I've tried resetting the brightness of the monitor and the desktop, both to no avail, and it's very frustrating to have to go to View -> Enhancements -> Video Settings and drag the brightness bar up every time I switch to a new video. Is there any way to set the default brightness setting for my WMP as higher than normal? Also, I am unable to affect the brightness when I playback certain movies or DVDs...is there any way to change this? Thanks!