Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow responses during startup and using system

• Please log in to reply

dsnee

dsnee

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My system has recently started to take ages to startup. Sometimes 10 minutes. I have Trend Micro PC -Cillin Internet Security 2007, and I always download all updates. I am also up-to-date with windows.
I have install hijackthis and include a logfile. I also notice that this process uses almost 98% cpu when the system is slow - PcScnSrv.exe.
Can you advise.

HJT log removed

Advertisements

byrddogg77

byrddogg77

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Removed

Edited by don77, 17 July 2007 - 08:43 PM.

Jack Hackett

Jack Hackett

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Seems this may be a conflict bewteen PC-cillin 2007 and SpyBot S&D
My computer slows down after installing Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2007

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
dsnee welcome I removed your HJT log. HJT logs need to posted in the malware forum

Follow the advise given by Jack Hackett if that doesn't solve the issue go ahead and post a fresh HJT log in the Malware forum