Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Digital Line Detect error message

• Please log in to reply

FrustratedBK

FrustratedBK

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hi! It's been awhile since I've used you guys. I'm hoping we can go 2-for-2. We have Windows XP Home Edition. Our computer is connected to a Comcast modem for telephone, cable & internet and we have a Netgear router for wireless in our home. Everything was working great until a few days ago. We updated our Symantic Norton anti-virus/internet security system, ran some live updates and rebooted. Then we got this error box "Digital Line Detected (pbx): please verify that your phone line from your computer is directly connected to a standard analog modem or fax line." Then there is a box to click "ok". Well, we don't know what that means and we checked to make sure all the wires were still intact. My internet is running crazy...I can't check my hotmail regularly, (it will show "page can't be found") off and on, I can't send/receive new Outlook messages for work, and pictures/graphics on pages won't load...web pages load slowly, etc. Everything else seems to be ok. I'm hoping this is a simple fix?? I'm also hoping this goes through and I'm able to check my email for a reply!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

Advertisements

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Do you have a phone line plugged into your modem on the back of your computer?

FrustratedBK

FrustratedBK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
We do. It's for the package deal with Comcast. Everything in one unit, etc. I know this is probably an easy problem, but I'm just not familiar with this modem. An update from last night...my husband talked to the guy who installed our wireless last night and he said it sounds like something is wrong with that so they unplugged it. Well, everything seems to be working fine. So, I think we found the problem. We just need to fix it and get our wireless back up and running??

FrustratedBK

FrustratedBK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
We got it up and running again this weekend ourselves. Thanks anyway. You can disregard this topic.