Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sick Sadistic Trash

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
The image included may be a little graphic but I would like to get my point across.
I received these two e-mails from a friend of mine.
There is a very good reason all dogs go to heaven and people don't know where they will go until they are there.

(Received Saturday morning) Maximus is a 4-5 year old pitbull that was brought into The Veterinary Medical Center by the town of islip animal shelter thursday night. He was brought into my job because he had been tied to a fence, doused in gasoline and lit on fire!!!!!!!

When he was finally rescued he was brought into my hospital with severe burn wounds over 60% of his body. He WALKED in wagging his TAIL!!!!!!!!! After doctors and assistants used a bolt cutter to cut his collar away from his charred body he sat quietly as they cleaned his wounds, even before his pain meds kicked in.

He is in no way out of trouble yet, he is going to endure at least 4-6 weeks of surgeries, countless weeks of rehabilitation. He is a fighter though. We are all hoping he recovers from his injuries. He also has a whole in the top of his mouth and broken teeth, and the bones on the roof of his mouth which doctors believe are from either trauma such as a good kick or a bat to the head prior to being lit on fire, or it could possibley have been caused by maximus as he tried to bite through the metal chain as he was on fire.

Save-A-Pet a great organization located in Port Jefferson is sponsoring the care for Maximus. We are asking for any and all donations to help in getting him well. There is also a $1,000 reward in any information leading to the arrest of the piece of dirt that did this.

(Received today about 4 pm)At 11:00 pm Maximus sucombed to his injuries we can only imagine the pain he endured in his short life and all though the last few days he was in imense pain we can take comfort in knowing he knew what it was to be loved and cared for. Let his story be a lesson that not all abuse cases have a happy ending, and i hope the piece of you know what that did this gets caught, or one day feels the same type of pain that he or she or they made this poor dog feel. RIP Maximus

Attached Thumbnails

• l_0765feb609b3130d9725e10ef701b787.jpg

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I have never understood abusing any innocent creature, be it an animal or a child. I do not understand how people can willfully inflict pain and injury on other living creatures like that.

MattSchollmeyer

MattSchollmeyer

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
man....i think that animals are like younger children...they have pure souls and no malwaare in them....mean people often mistake that for weakness....=(

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Thank goodness there are people like your friend who have the love and compassion to care for these mistreated animals. Wouldn't it be nice if there were true justice, and the knothead who hurt this dog had the same punishment the dog received? RIP Maximus, I know dog heaven will be kinder to you than your "owners" were.
Johanna

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Thank goodness there are people like your friend who have the love and compassion to care for these mistreated animals. Wouldn't it be nice if there were true justice, and the knothead who hurt this dog had the same punishment the dog received? RIP Maximus, I know dog heaven will be kinder to you than your "owners" were.
Johanna

I agree: Far too often people believe that animals are something that do not have feelings or do not experience pain. I wish that some of these eeediots would realize that thier actions HURT these animals - The picture attached was indeed nasty, and I am glad that thier are people that have the heart to take in animals in distress, and mae the attempt to help them. Pit Bulls are known to be "vicious" only if TRAINED to be that way, and I don't see why someone would hook a dog to that fence and leave him there - the poor thing :whistling:

This made me feel really mad - maybe for "justice" they should catch the dude that did this and chain him to a fence :blink:

Brian

keithr128

keithr128

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Pit Bulls are known to be "vicious" only if TRAINED to be that way

Another reason they tend to be vicious is the fact that they are constantly inbred which results in lowered intelligence and bad temperament. :whistling: :blink: :help:

Guest_MarkN_*

Guest_MarkN_*
Unfortunately all of you, like 99.9% of humans are very short sited and see the first link of the chain that bothers them. Yes I agree that these injuries that were inflicted upon this or any animal are wrong. The truth of the matter is that we as a society should be recognizing what creates a human being to act this way. Alot of cultures pruduce people like this and the reality is, we as "human" beings need to focus on, and adjust our societies accordingly so that these people are not produced. Ponder these thoughts carefully as the majority of people are a self serving bunch. We supposedly have the highest intellect of all the creatures on earth. Yet do you know of any species with more problems?

Edited by MarkN, 18 July 2007 - 08:06 PM.

keithr128

keithr128

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
A political debate forum may be a better fit for you MarkN, since that is what you seem to want the way you basically insulted all of us here calling us bandwagoneer's and trying to twist the topic to a sociological analyzation of why people act the way they do when we were simply expressing our sympathies for this poor animal.
If you would also take the time to note that most of the people on this site have big hearts and do what they can to help these animals that are abused and mistreated (I have three shelter dogs myself) whether it is by adopting an animal or donating time or money, I have also done repairs on the roof of the North Shore Animal League's building at my own expense.

Edited by keithr128, 18 July 2007 - 09:35 PM.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

Unfortunately all of you, like 99.9% of humans are very short sited and see the first link of the chain that bothers them. Yes I agree that these injuries that were inflicted upon this or any animal are wrong. The truth of the matter is that we as a society should be recognizing what creates a human being to act this way. Alot of cultures pruduce people like this and the reality is, we as "human" beings need to focus on, and adjust our societies accordingly so that these people are not produced. Ponder these thoughts carefully as the majority of people are a self serving bunch. We supposedly have the highest intellect of all the creatures on earth. Yet do you know of any species with more problems?

I wonder how you propose that we adjust our societies so these people are not produced. Perhaps in the same way that we adjust our societies so that we have no war, or racial, religious or other intolerance. The vast majority of human beings would not dream of treating an animal like this, so I think you're making an extremely broad generalization, and I don't think it's society in general that has led to this. It may be family, or circumstances, or even just some deep-rooted evil, as I believe that some people are just bad, no matter how they're brought up. I hope you're quite proud of the fact, however, that you're in that 0.1% of humans that isn't short sighted; I guess the rest of us can only hope to achieve that perfection at some point. In the meantime, I'll enjoy the company of the rest of the short-sighted group that's just too stupid to see the real truth, but cares about the animals anyway.

Edited by sari, 18 July 2007 - 10:32 PM.

Guest_MarkN_*

Guest_MarkN_*
I also donate on a regular basis to our local animal shelter, and as one of the above stated, it is true almost any animal can be made to be bad, humans included. And it is a larger topic than just an example of one dog. I have adopted dogs, a friend of mine who works for the county has adopted dogs in similar conditions, burns to 60% of their body or blinded by chemical burns. I am mearly stating that people that produce offspring that are brought up to believe in the KKK for example, are the types of people that need to come into the 21st century, and we need to teach that all people should be treated equally. And yes I also care that something that terrible was done to that dog or any animal. Including what we humans do to each other on a regular basis. Sociological? More like phylisophical. One last comment, ALL purebred dogs are inbred.

Edited by MarkN, 19 July 2007 - 05:05 AM.

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
MarkN, anyone who believes that they can find any category that 99.9% of all people fit into is a little insane.

Also, since you believe yourself to be an elitist who can see what needs to be done better than 99.9% of the people on this planet, why would you spend your overly important time dealing with us underlings?

keithr128, is there a topic to discuss here? I know you are outraged by what happened to this dog, but what kind of discussion do you hope to generate here?

Guest_MarkN_*

Guest_MarkN_*
"No name calling, personal attacks, insults, harassment, etc." This is a quote form the topic rules above, sorry if I have not abided by these, but you as an administrator(ScHwErV) definately should know better, open your eyes and realize the world we live in. The better part of everyones lives is spent on improving their own lives. OK, 99.9% was an exageration to make a point. Don't take everything so literally. :whistling: Keith may have been just trying to generate an awareness about the cruelty to animals, nothing wrong with that. I commend him...

Edited by MarkN, 19 July 2007 - 11:06 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

The better part of everyones lives is spent on improving their own lives.

whether you like it or not that's human nature...we're DESIGNED from the start for self preservation...ALL living things are designed for that one purpose....you know what you get out of helping someone? that warm fuzzy feeling in your belly? that's that self preservation gene kicking in....no matter what you want to say....and how you want to say it...everything we do as humans is done to make OURSELVES "feel better"....even the most noble acts done by the most noble people are done for the good of themselves in some way shape or form...

this doesn't diminish any good acts done by humans....but to say that "thinking of ones self first" is always a bad thing is a little off....it's what we are designed for

Guest_MarkN_*

Guest_MarkN_*
A friend of mine is a Buddhist, he has taught me some, but not enough. I do believe an act of kindness can be done without the need or desire to satisfy ones self, in any way, shape or form. I try to practice this, with out the self gratification that I have helped someone. That is the sincerest act of kindness. We all have influences in our lives that may cause us to feel, or act in certain ways, every culture has these influences(heard mentallity). But I do believe there are people out there that just want happiness for everyone. And I don't want to give the impression that only monetary gain can bring happiness. But as humans(root word for humanity) I certainly believe we can do a better job for all who live on this planet. :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
that's an idyllic view of existence....someone can claim that they do something without having the self satisfaction of having done it...but it's not possible....and honestly if you don't get something out of doing the act...there's no purpose for the act...there's nothing wrong with doing something good because it feels good to do it....saying "i give to the poor because it's a good thing to do and it helps others" is the same thing as saying "i feel good about myself because i like to help others" and at that point you should feel good about yourself...you should embrace that self satisfaction...that's what we are psychologically designed to seek out...that feeling that we've done something to be proud of...the feeling of accomplishment...that feeling of being a good person...which is what's lacking in the world...it's why we have drug addicts and alcoholics...they can't feel good about themselves (either through psychological damage or other things that happened during their formative years) so they either take a drug that makes them feel that feeling artificially or makes them oblivious to the fact that they feel worthless ...

of course none of this is on topic for this thread....if there is a topic