Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Just a general question about Geek squad e-mail scam

• Please log in to reply

mx842

mx842

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

A while back you guys cleaned my computer and it's been working great. What I'm wondering is if Malwarebytes will help with getting rid of whatever it is that keeps sending me these e-mails trying to get my personal information. I'll get one or two of these a month. If you think it's possible to rid this computer of this, I'll go through the process of starting a new thread and post the logs you guys need. Thanks

Advertisements

xrobwx71

xrobwx71

• Pip
  • 6 posts

I block these emails that come to me. Of course, this is a full time job as the phishers are Legion (many).

phishing-the fraudulent practice of sending emails or other messages purporting to be from reputable companies in order to induce individuals to reveal personal information, such as passwords and credit card numbers

mx842

mx842

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

I block these emails that come to me. Of course, this is a full time job as the phishers are Legion (many).

phishing-the fraudulent practice of sending emails or other messages purporting to be from reputable companies in order to induce individuals to reveal personal information, such as passwords and credit card numbers

I do block them, but they keep coming back. And thanks for getting back to me.

xrobwx71

xrobwx71

• Pip
  • 6 posts

One thing to do if you are worried your PC is compromised is change all your passwords.

2cd is to have a trained tech check your PC for infection here: https://www.geekstog...cleaning-guide/