Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How did you get your nick?

• Please log in to reply

TechSabre

TechSabre

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Oh that's an avatar :)

I will help you here this one last time - if you have any other questions your going to have to ask in the appropriate forum :)

To upload an avatar select My Controls located near the top right of the page. Then select Edit Avatar Settings, located on the left side of the screen. Now upload an image form your computer or provide a link to an image on the internet and paste it in the appropriate box - then press Update Avatar :)

Edited by TechSabre, 26 July 2008 - 06:11 AM.

Advertisements

scorpysue

scorpysue

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Ohhh Thank you again TechSabre! :) I'll give it a shot. The only thing I may have a hard time with is the whole "paste it in the appropriate box" :) But I'm going to try! Thanks again!

Tom_UK

Tom_UK

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello again :)

I carried on using the nic I was called in the outside world. That was when I was working, 15 years ago lol.

Sorry for not having been around for about 2 years but I got involved in horse breeding which even now still takes up some time.

I am however hoping to take part in your Uni project starting in the autumn, if accepted.

Best wishes to you all

ScittS

ScittS

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
So many interesting stories I am almost embarrassed to post my story!

I was joining up and Scott was taken so I typed what I thought was ScottS !

Look at your keyboard and you'll figure it out!

Once again my life will be plagued by quick decisions..... even here! :)

Oh well..... such is life! HEHE

Master Of Cunning

Master Of Cunning

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
*MasterOfCunning wanders over to corner of room - is anyone still alive over here?*

My nickname came from quite a while ago, i was quite good at the Thief game, if anyone remembers it, my friend wanted to know why i was so much better than him and i said it was because i was the master of cunning... my 360 gamertag is the same if anyone is interested lol!

jeannebell

jeannebell

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, my name is Jeannebell, and its my real name lol

AusPCs

AusPCs

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Hi, My name is AusPCs. simply because thats my business name. nothing fancy. if you wish you can call me Dave.

Cheers,
Dave.

lovelydust

lovelydust

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Hi, (right now) I'm lovelydust!
My new hub gave me my name from that line from The Ten Commandments...movie, w/Heston.
You know, I'd like to know, someday, what absolutely All these things on this page, for instance, Mean, and what to do with them appropriately.
Thanks for doing this support--and I don't need to know everything all at once! I'm overwhelmed getting hub's computer together...

N-e-V-e-T-s

N-e-V-e-T-s

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Well Nevets is Steven backward. So that is how i got the nevets part. But one day i was paying SOCOM: FTB2 on my psp and this guy had a name something like this W-o-R-r-Y(That was not the name just how it was layed out) I thought that it looked cool. So i decided to spice my name up a little. So that is how i got N-e-V-e-T-s ^_^

mugwumps

mugwumps

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I got my name from a friend a long time ago, who called me mugwumps, when I asked what a mugwumps was as I never hear of it she told me it came from a children story book, and that it was a funny but cute little creature, well I didn't use the name instead I gave it to my rabbit, but I couldn't think of anything else, so that it. :)

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

*MasterOfCunning wanders over to corner of room - is anyone still alive over here?*

Yes, we're still here, waiting for a bigger corner... : :)

Troy

Viper28

Viper28

• Pip
  • 0 posts
*joins everyone in the corner* :)

Hi corner dwellers,loving all the nicks and how they were formed. Mine's quite simple, Viper - name of favourite car, 28 - number of years young! :) And i agree with everyone else who thinks this website is great, for helps and tips. cheers guys for your hard work! :)

kralcs

kralcs

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Well being brand spanking new to this site...I'm talking I found it today new. I don't feel right posting right away. But anyway enough with the shyness. My name is basically my last name "Clark" backwards "kralc" adding my first intial "s" on the end. Nothing special at all. This site seems pretty awesome and being totally stupid when it comes to computers maybe I will learn some stuff. Thanks for the hardwork it looks like you guys do a great job on this. :)

Techgodess1

Techgodess1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
43 years old and new to the tech industry. I went to tech school when I was 40. My MCSA instructor was impressed with how quickly I picked up on things and my passion for the technology. He is the one who dubbed me "Techgoddess". You'll notice that I spell it with one D. I tried to get Techgoddess (spelled properly) as my email address but it was not available. I am a "well endowed" woman...I thought spelling Goddess with 3 D's would be...just plain inapporpriate. So - here I am --- the Techgodess

stallion74

stallion74

• Pip
  • 7 posts
well mine is from a semi pro football team i played on "The Ohio Stallions" and 74 was my jersey number on the team :)

pretty simple and lame lol