Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How did you get your nick?

• Please log in to reply

Bigbluebox

Bigbluebox

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Hey all.

wow! there are so odd and interesting stories :)

well mine's quite simple actually... "bigbluebox" --------> Officeworks (think Coles, Kmart & Target lol) in Australia. :)

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

well mine's quite simple actually... "bigbluebox" --------> Officeworks (think Coles, Kmart & Target lol) in Australia. :)

I know Officeworks, alright... :)

Do you work there?

Troy

LizaJane

LizaJane

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Mine is one that my mom called me a lot as a child. Not sure where she got it but it was kewl that Vince Gill came out with a song using it years ago!

ikickyour

ikickyour

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I got my nickname ikickyour from when I was younger around 12 years old, I played a lot of Starcraft if your familiar with that game...It's basically a strategy game with building troops and defeating the opposing player your against, much like chess but more complicated more rules and more options and of course more fun than chess in my opinion.

Anyway when I played Starcraft I wanted to choose a "cool" nickname that I thought sounded awesome, so the first one I made was ikickyourass, but it was too long of a nickname and they wouldn't let me create it not because of the word '[bleep]' but because it was merely too long of a nickname.

So I had to shorten it too just ikickyour, and for some reason It's been a habbit for me to always use the name ikickyour in forums/chat rooms/online games and etc...

Plus, I think it stands out since there is no suffix at the end and makes people think sometimes "Wait, His name has nothing after the I Kick Your...?! I kick your what....?" LOL, So this is kind of creative in my opinion since people can put the last word of what im kicking and "fill in the blank".

Araeana Bloodmoon

Araeana Bloodmoon

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Araeana Bloodmoon is the name of my blue-haired, red-eyed, quarter-Elven swordswoman (say that ten times fast!). If anyone wants to read her story, let me know, I am glad for critisim. Hopefully, she will be in a D&D-like thing, but that is unclear as of yet. I have other names too (Cho Chod Lou, Juhani Evarinya, etc.), but this is the one that actually has something other than a name to it.

Edited by Araeana Bloodmoon, 19 September 2008 - 03:01 PM.

Bigbluebox

Bigbluebox

• Pip
  • 0 posts

I know Officeworks, alright... :)

Do you work there?

Troy

Hi Troy

yeah mate, i do :)
How you know Officeworks, you in australia?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Yes, you can find this under my name and avatar on every post:

:)

(but why on earth would you name yourself after a shop you work at?)

mc73

mc73

• Pip
  • 1 posts
monte carlo 1973 runs GRRRREAT after alot of bucks, but looks like SHEEEEIT! Plenty of bucks still required, but still on my "to get to list". It is easy to remember for me.

darkest days

darkest days

• Pip
  • 0 posts
hello! i'm pretty much new here. my name? nothing more than two random words fused together. XD

adenine.jason

adenine.jason

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My old bands name with my name attached to the end. Pretty simple. The word adenine, I'll let you do the research and find out all the cool things it is part of. :)

Advertisements

Xzëk

Xzëk

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I got mine from playing "WoW " for some time and thought it would be interesting to have something different that now one had.

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
I think my nick is quiet self-explained :)

No need to " Break it down lol "

Anthony19 = Name: Anthony , Age 19 :)

Which is not true to label anymore...

im now currently 20 ( As of september the 14th )

i PM'd ScHwErV To change my name ( if he is able to lol ( which iam sure he is able to :) ))

Still not done... ( i know he/she is very busy and has alot to do around here so i do not push the matter/issue any further... )

Thank you all for taking the time reading this post/reply

Anthony / Anthony19 :)

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

I got my nickname ikickyour from when I was younger around 12 years old, I played a lot of Starcraft if your familiar with that game...It's basically a strategy game with building troops and defeating the opposing player your against, much like chess but more complicated more rules and more options and of course more fun than chess in my opinion.

Anyway when I played Starcraft I wanted to choose a "cool" nickname that I thought sounded awesome, so the first one I made was ikickyourass, but it was too long of a nickname and they wouldn't let me create it not because of the word '[bleep]' but because it was merely too long of a nickname.

So I had to shorten it too just ikickyour, and for some reason It's been a habbit for me to always use the name ikickyour in forums/chat rooms/online games and etc...

Plus, I think it stands out since there is no suffix at the end and makes people think sometimes "Wait, His name has nothing after the I Kick Your...?! I kick your what....?" LOL, So this is kind of creative in my opinion since people can put the last word of what im kicking and "fill in the blank".

Excellent , i love it :)

be one of the top nicknames ive seen...

Anthony19 ( <<-- Boring lol )

Granz00

Granz00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Well mine started off as an inside joke/nickname back in high school. See, me and my friends used to make parody comics of certain shows and what not. For example, there was a comic we made for Yu-Gi-Oh. We are always the characters used in the comics, fashioned after the show we were making the parody of. One day, one of our friends decided to start calling me Inu-Josha, after the show Inu-Yasha. At a later point, we found out Inu means Dog and Yasha means Demon. So my nickname changed to Dog-Josha. Even though my name was a spin on an anime character, it lead to our first, and probably only, semi original comic. A really good comparison for the style used in this comic would be South Park. In other words, the original story would be unique, while parodies are used in most of the episodes as a plot device.

Oh wait... after that long explanation, I realized that I still use Granz00 on this site... I guess that is the downfall of never logging in manually. Long story short (more of a short story actually...), it is a character from a game (think its called Tree of Mana). The 00's where just tacked on for no reason other then liking the number zero.

Btw, can we change nicknames, or is that a staff only option?

Edit - Dog-Josha is not quite a family friendly comic. However, I can scan it and make a copy on my computer, then send it to anyone who wants to read it, as long as that is allowed on here.

Edited by Granz00, 24 October 2008 - 08:14 AM.

Lisa_68

Lisa_68

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My mom and dad gave me mine :)